Updated March 20, 2020
When you use our services, you’re trusting us with your information. We understand this is a big responsibility and we work hard to protect your information and put you in control.
Information Cloudmore Collects
We want you to understand the types of information we collect as you use our services
The information Cloudmore collects, and how that information is used, depends on how you use our services and how you manage your privacy controls.
When you’re not signed in to a Cloudmore Account, we store the information we collect with unique identifiers tied to the browser, application, or device you’re using. This helps us do things like maintain your language preferences across browsing sessions.
When you’re signed in, we also collect information that we store with your Cloudmore Account, which we treat as personal information.
Things you create or provide to us
When you create a Cloudmore Account, you provide us with personal information that includes your name and a password. You can also choose to add a phone number or payment information to your account. Even if you aren’t signed in to a Cloudmore Account, you might choose to provide us with information — like an email address to receive updates about our services.
word reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
Information we collect as you use our services
Your apps, browsers & devices
We collect information about the apps, browsers, and devices you use to access Cloudmore services – the information we collect includes unique identifiers, browser type and settings, device type and settings, operating system, and application version number. We also collect information about the interaction of your apps, browsers, and devices with our services, including IP address, crash reports, system activity, and the date, time, and referrer URL of your request.
We collect information about your activity in our services – the activity information we collect may include:
- Terms you search for
- Views and interactions with content and ads
- Purchase activity
Your location information
We collect information about your location, determined by your IP address, when you use our services, which helps us present content in your local language and present a localized service offering.
We may also collect information about you from trusted partners, including marketing partners who provide us with information about potential customers of our business services, and security partners who provide us with information to protect against abuse. We also receive information from advertisers to provide advertising and research services on their behalf.
We use various technologies to collect and store information, including cookies, pixel tags, local storage, such as browser web storage, databases, and server logs.
Why Cloudmore Collects Data
We use data to build better services
We use the information we collect from all our services for the following purposes:
Provide our services
We use your information to deliver our services.
Maintain & improve our services
We also use your information to ensure our services are working as intended, such as tracking outages or troubleshooting issues that you report to us. And we use your information to make improvements to our services.
Develop new services
We use the information we collect in existing services to help us develop new ones.
Provide personalized services, including content and ads
We use the information we collect to customize our services for you, including providing recommendations and personalized content. Depending on your settings, we may also show you personalized ads.
We don’t share information that personally identifies you with advertisers, such as your name or email, unless you ask us to.
We use data for analytics and measurement to understand how our services are used. For example, we analyze data about your visits to our sites to do things like optimize product design. And we also use data about the ads you interact with to help advertisers understand the performance of their ad campaigns. We use a variety of tools to do this, including Google Analytics.
Communicate with you
We use information we collect, like your email address, to interact with you directly. For example, we may send you a notification if we detect suspicious activity, like an attempt to sign in to your Cloudmore Account from an unusual location. Or we may let you know about upcoming changes or improvements to our services. And if you contact Cloudmore, we’ll keep a record of your request in order to help solve any issues you might be facing.
Protect Cloudmore, our users, and the public
We use information to help improve the safety and reliability of our services. This includes detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, abuse, security risks, and technical issues that could harm Cloudmore, our users, or the public.
Your Privacy Controls
Managing, reviewing, and updating your information
When you’re signed in to a Cloudmore service, you can always review and update your information and manage your contact information, such as your name, email, and phone number.
Exporting, removing & deleting your information
You can request an export or copy of your content with any Cloudmore Service, if you want to back it up or use it with a service outside of Cloudmore.
You can also request to remove content from specific Cloudmore services based on applicable law.
We may charge a fee, based on our reasonable costs, for any data export or content removal. We will provide you with further details of any applicable fee, in advance of any such export or content removal.
To delete your information, you can:
- Delete your content from specific Cloudmore services
- Search for and then delete specific items from your account
- Delete specific Cloudmore products, including your information associated with those products
- Delete your entire Cloudmore Account
In some cases, we retain data for limited periods when it needs to be kept for legitimate business or legal purposes. You can read about Cloudmore’s data retention periods, including how long it takes us to delete your information at here.
We try to ensure that our services protect information from accidental or malicious deletion. Because of this, there may be delays between when you delete something and when copies are deleted from our active and backup systems.
Sharing Your Information
When you share your information
Our services may let you share information with other people, and you have control over how you share.
When you’re signed in and interact with some Cloudmore services, like leaving a review for a service in the marketplace, your name and photo appear next to your activity.
When Cloudmore shares your information
We do not share your personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of Cloudmore except in the following cases:
- With your consent
- With domain administrators
- If you’re a student or work for an organization that uses Cloudmore services, your domain administrator and resellers who manage your account will have access to your Cloudmore Account. They may be able to:
- Access and retain information stored in your account, like your email
- View statistics regarding your account
- Change your account password
- Suspend or terminate your account access
- Receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request
- Restrict your ability to delete or edit your information or your privacy settings
- For external processing
- For legal reasons
We will share personal information outside of Cloudmore if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Cloudmore, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners — like marketplace sellers, developers, or rights holders. For example, we share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
Keeping Your Information Secure
We build security into our services to protect your information
All Cloudmore products are built with strong security features that continuously protect your information. The insights we gain from maintaining our services help us detect and automatically block security threats from ever reaching you. And if we do detect something risky that we think you should know about, we’ll notify you and help guide you through steps to stay better protected.
We work hard to protect you and Cloudmore from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of information we hold, including:
- We use encryption to keep your data private while in transit and also at rest, if possible from a commercial and technical perspective.
- We offer a range of security features, like multi factor authentication to help you protect your account
- We review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to prevent unauthorized access to our systems
- We restrict access to personal information to Cloudmore employees, contractors, and agents who need that information in order to process it. Anyone with this access is subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance & Cooperation With Regulators
We maintain servers in select countries around the world and your information may be processed on servers located outside of the country where you live. Data protection laws vary among countries, with some providing more protection than others. Regardless of where your information is processed, we apply the same protections described in this policy.
If European Union (EU) data protection law applies to the processing of your information, we provide the controls described in this policy so you can exercise your right to request access to, update, remove, and restrict the processing of your information. You also have the right to object to the processing of your information or export your information to another service.
We process your information for the purposes described in this policy, based on the following legal grounds:
With your consent
We ask for your agreement to process your information for specific purposes and you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
When we’re pursuing legitimate interests
We process your information for our legitimate interests and those of third parties while applying appropriate safeguards that protect your privacy. This means that we process your information for things like:
- Providing, maintaining, and improving our services to meet the needs of our users
- Developing new products and features that are useful for our users
- Understanding how people use our services to ensure and improve the performance of our services
- Customizing our services to provide you with a better user experience
- Marketing to inform users about our services and suitable marketplace services
- Detecting, preventing, or otherwise addressing fraud, abuse, security, or technical issues with our services
- Protecting against harm to the rights, property or safety of Cloudmore, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law
- Performing research that improves our services for our users and benefits the public
- Fulfilling obligations to our partners like developers and rights holders
- Enforcing legal claims, including investigation of potential violations of applicable Terms of Service
- When we’re providing a service
- When we’re complying with legal obligations
We’ll process your data when we have a legal obligation to do so, for example, if we’re responding to legal process or an enforceable governmental request.
About This Policy
When this policy applies
- The information practices of other companies and organizations that advertise our services
- Services offered by other companies or individuals, including products or sites that may include Cloudmore services, be displayed to you in search results, or be linked from our services
Changes to this policy
Let's get Started
We are ready to work with you, speak with a cloudmore expert to answer questions you may have.