CSP Direct Azure Billing
by Dyfed Wallis, on Jul 14, 2017 6:02:25 PM
The report is based on the Microsoft costs, with your margin automatically added for each customer, which you set using the Azure price management guide. The data generated can be passed to your billing platform using either a CSV file or the systems API.
With Cloudmore you can send your customers a simple, summary invoice and they can view the invoice details, on demand, within their self-service area. They see the same detailed breakdown as you, but personalised and without your cost price showing.
1. Go to Azure
Log in to Cloudmore. Navigate to your cloud service broker menu, then click on my services, and then Azure.
2. Invoice details
Click on billing.
3. Retrieve Billing Data
The chart displayed at the top of the page shows a summary of the total billing costs for the last five months.
Load Forecast allows you to load the chart data for “Current period” and “Forecast"
You will see a list of all available invoices which are shown with invoice date and Microsoft invoice number. Select one or more invoices then click Get details to retrieve the data. Use this report to reconcile your Microsoft invoice.
4. View detail
Breakdown per category
Based on the date range selected Cloudmore will display a breakdown by category.
Note:- The categories are pre-defined by Microsoft.
- Period – Confirms the date range selected and shows the total cost and sales price. The total cost, if all tenants are linked, should correlate with your Microsoft invoice and can be used as a check to make sure you are billing all your customers correctly.
- Organization - The report is automatically grouped per organization, showing total cost and sales price for each customer. This is the summary invoice amount for each customer.
Click on customer name to expand.
- Subscription - Grouped per subscription and shows total cost and sales price.
Click on subscription to expand.
- Category – This will show a line item for each category, e.g. – Virtual Machines, Networking, Storage or Data Management. Each line item will have total cost and sales price.
Click on category to expand.
If you are not using the Cloudmore systems API to link billing data to your billing systems, then export the report to see more details.
Click on the icon, above the report to the right.
The file will download automatically.
Now download the Excel template with pivot tables to process the data for billing and reconciliation of costs. See examples below.
6. API Integration to Business Systems